End of Year Chapter Updates (2020-2021)
As we’re entering the full swing of summer planning for the 2021-2022 academic year, it’s important to reflect on the previous year and see what our chapters have accomplished during these unprecedented times. We encourage all alumni to contact their undergraduate chapters; share their stories, form new bonds, and help mold the next generation of Pilam men.
Not four years but a lifetime.
Click to read full updates: End of Year Chapter Updates 2020-2021
- Chapter updates
- Save the dates for 2021-2022 programming
- Chapter rosters
- Remarks from Executive Director, Ian Lowe
Here are a few chapter highlights:
- University of Virginia (VA Omega Alpha):
- House Updates: New dishwasher and washer/dryer. Rewired house to support faster internet speeds for online classes. Installed a basketball court with a state-of-the-art hoop. Converted a storage room to a full-size gym with mirrors. Repainted dance floor and stairwell. Tore up, replaced, and repainted water-damaged bar. Revamped $3.5k of donated sound equipment. Power washed entire house + walkway. Cleared out >30 years of lawn debris from beach parties decades ago with all new soil. Solved our flooding problem. Planted 15 bushes as a natural barrier. Strung lights all around the outside and front yard. Built [8‘ tall x 15’ long] frat bench on grounds w/ letters and shield/ crest.
- Roanoke College (VA Lambda Kappa):
- Greek Chapter of the Year and Program of the Year (silent disco) winners! Brothers put in > 200 hours of community service this spring. We raised > $1k for different organizations in Spring 2021. We continue to do several on-campus events for the entire student body to attend.
- R.P.I. (NY Kappa Tau):
- Our virtual Elimination of Racial Prejudice Event had 46 guests, promoted with a gift card raffle. Virtually initiated 19 NMs, the most at RPI, and tied the largest pledge class at NYKT! We took a road trip to Cape Cod and Provincetown, where 12 brothers camped for 3 nights. Hosted 2 virtual alumni Happy Hours and a virtual resume-building meeting to help NMs and brothers with their resumes.
Volunteer: Help make a difference in the lives of the next generation of Pilam. Opportunities consist of volunteering as a chapter coach, mentor for an undergraduate, and/or serving on a committee.
Donate: Make a donation to help fund scholarships for undergraduate brothers.
Please share your Pilam stories
Our Fraternity has a rich history, and every brother’s experiences are a big part of that. We’d really like to hear your favorite Pilam memories and stories.
You can share your stories and experiences by calling: 855-376-0575
There is no obligation to purchase the oral history or directory.