PCI Member Directory FAQs
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Pi Lambda Phi. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new Members directory. PCI is a company located inDallas,TXthat publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Pi Lambda Phi to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our Members and how we can better serve you and future Members.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Pi Lambda Phi has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
b. The Directory will be made available only to Members of Pi Lambda Phi. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Pi Lambda Phi any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Pi Lambda Phi or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Pi Lambda Phi project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for the Pi Lambda Phi Members isTBA.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1.800.395.4724.
4. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Pi Lambda Phi Members Directory is available for sale only to Pi Lambda Phi Members.
5. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project inMonth of Year, the directories will be distributed inMonth of Year.
6. I ordered a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate, but I haven’t received the post card requesting verification of my address.
For those who purchase a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate, they will receive a postcard within 2 -3 weeks and will direct them to go to the PCI website to initiate the certificate process by entering their ID # and order # (shown on the postcard) and verify their mailing address. Alternatively, the buyer can call a toll free number (also shown on the postcard) and leave a voicemail to initiate the certificate process.
After verifying your address you will receive a tri-fold certificate so you can begin to make your travel arrangements.
7. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1.800.395.4724) or to National Headquarters.
8. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1.800.395.4724, and they will take care of this for you.